Thread: Dog love life!
View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by davord View Post
I do apologize to put my post on your site. I was not aware of fact that this site is only for people who are against not neutering. Even though I am not sorry I did it because it gave me more information toward making final choice on neutering or not.
Again thank tou all.
Yes, it is true a large majority of the members who post on a regular basis are pro spay/neuter. We do have members here who feel as you do about not neutering. However, none of them have asked us to help find their dog a mate for sex or to produce a litter.
I'm not sure if you are aware of the number of dogs that are put to sleep every year, that is killed every year as put to sleep sometimes sounds way to nice, because there are no homes for them. In North America the number is around 10 to 12 million. 10 to 12 million dogs a year that no one wanted. That's pretty sad is it not?
Seeing as you asked for a female dog who "wanted sex" you are looking for a female in heat. Spayed females have no interest in sex. Females in heat lead to pregnant females. Those pregnant females will have 4, 5, 6 or more pups. Please keep in mind that while you are breeding that female so your dog can relieve his sexual urgings and having these pups there are many many other cockapoos being spit out daily by puppy mills and back yard breeders. So while you personally are not contributing to the very serious pet overpopulation that female your dog found sure is. Oh yes, if you decide to go ahead and do this you yourself then become a back yard breeder. I don't know if that is a title you want? A back yard breeder is a person who does not have bad intentions. They just want to have a litter.
You may want to look at this web site to get some further insight........
http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/byb.htm

This site was written specifically for cats but the section I have printed out here goes for dogs as well. Please take note. If you want to keep your dog "happy" by satisfying his sexual urgings there is going to be a whole lots of puppies born. Please also note the bolded sections. Replace the words cat/kittens with dog/puppies. So while your pup is "happy" and satisfied (for the moment) you invariably are helping to shorten a female's life. I don't belive that is what you want.

http://www.messybeast.com/catfacts.htm

'I don't want to spoil their fun'.

Mating is short and painful, not fun. It's no fun producing up to 20 kittens a year. Constant kittening is debilitating and can shorten her life. Nor is it fun to fight for the right to mate; tomcats risk catching killer diseases such Feline Leukaemia or Feline AIDS through bite wounds. Wandering tomcats may be injured or killed on the roads as instinct, not fun, sends them in search of a mate.

'I enjoy my sex life s/he enjoys hers/his'

Sex = kittens. Cats do not have recreational sex. Cats don't have voluntary contraception. Stop being anthropomorphic. Hundreds of thousands of healthy cats and kittens are destroyed each year because they can't find homes. Population control by birth prevention is better than population control by disease, starvation or destruction of healthy animals.
Anthropomorphic means giving your dog or cat human feelings. They are not human. They do not feel the way we do about sex. They mate to procreate. Pure and simple.

I hope this helps you understand why we reacted to your post the way we did. I also hope you stick around and contribute. I personally love mutts. I have had a few in my lifetime.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 1st, 2010 at 05:37 PM.