View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Question Cats are fighting

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I have a huge problem I hope someone can help me with. I have 2 four yr. old brothers ( cats ) that are neutered and are inside cats. They are big boys, weighing 25-30 lb. and both are healthy. I live in southwestern Ontario and this year winter has been nasty and I had to rescue a tiny 2 yr. old from the outside. Now for the first week or two everything was fine. Then all of a sudden fur started to fly. Smokey is my cat and he has taken to me very well;almost to the point of over possessive and always needing my attention, while Billybob was so laid back that when smokey got playing to rough Billybob would run away. Now they are both double teaming on the little one and he is always laying in the defensive position, on his back with all fours ready to defend. They even pounce on him when he uses the litter. I have to take him to bed with me, but if he needs to use the litter, a cat fight starts and usually it's 2 or 3 in the morning. I am getting the little one his own litter box so we won't have problems in that area I hope. I read a link from here about multiple cats in the same household and the steps that are suppose to be taken, but I have a small living area and can't make any adjustments, plus because of the storm I didn't have time to do anything except bring him in. Does anyone have tips or advice that could possible help me? The water bottle doesn't work, they run, but just come back to do the same thing. I'm at my wits end and loosing sleep. Help please?
LW