Thread: itchy dog
View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Ok, well Brick got all his shots updated so we are good to go now!! As for the itching, the vet said it could be a number of things (which we already figured out that part!) - she gave him a treatment of Revolution to rule out parasites seeing as he's a pound dog, and Giardia (sp??). We washed all of his blankets and the couch so we can tell if it was the OUST or not.

One thing that really bothered me about this vet was that she kept harping on the separation anxiety thing and that just because Brick is really good now, he could relapse and tear our house apart. She was adamant about us getting a crate and just having it in case we ever need it. Brick is completely happy guarding our house, its like he knows that is his job, no more whining when we leave or freaking out.

Anyways, besides that, he is healthy. She couldn't really give us an explanation about why he pukes after he is out for a run or heavy exercise. She told us just not to feed him for an hour and limit his water to little bits at a time. He 's only puked a couple times after exercising, but I was still concerned. I guess its like us when we go for big runs and eat or drink right before or right after it gurgles our tummies!!

I'm still not 100% convinced I like this vet so we may just search around in the next little while. Does any of this sound fishy to you guys?? She did say we are doing all the right things with him with training, feeding and stuff!!

And apparently we DO have fleas in Alberta......just not as prevalent as other humid places (like Ontario)....I always grew up thinking we didn't and that we were soooo lucky..hmphhh!!! LOL
1 very mean tiger barb (who killed all of our other fish)
3 leopard geckos - Dave, Jenn & Jane (gone back to their original owner)

GONE TO CRITTER HEAVEN:
1 house gecko - George (RIP)
2 giant african land snailS - Kaimah (RIP) & Kamau (RIP)
2 baby african land snails - Tiny & Pokey (RIP)
1 Veiled Chameleon - Chip (RIP)