View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010, 10:15 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Thank you 14+. I will let a few of the pots he keeps in the back yard go to seed this year and see if I can grab some seeds. I'll also give him the info on how to prune them back. I knew you would have the answers for me. Tks. again.
You are welcome mf. It is difficult to see the white tail in the picture I took but you can see it's shadow. That is what you will notice first until you get used to watching for the seed pods. Actually, you don't have to let all of the flowers go to seed. Just allow maybe one on each plant in an area not seen. You can collect the seed throughout the growing season and keep it in an envelope in the fridge. Not a plastic baggie. It tends to get dampish and the seeds mould. Don't get discouraged if your seeds don't all start for you. They can be difficult without the right conditions. That's why it is sometimes easier to do cuttings.

If you can find the book - Success with Cuttings - Chris and Valerie Wheeler - they do a great job of describing what to do when you are doing cuttings. The book has tons of pictures that guide you through the steps. It's very helpful. They also have Success with Seeds which is an interesting read as well.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!