View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, I have had it before, but a long time ago, and I did cure it. I would have to track down Shady's book though and see if I wrote all about it in that. No, it's not in that. I know it was some special eye drops I got from the vet that fixed it, and it had a diabolical effect on her eyes instantly, seemed to sort of make her screw them tight so they looked sore and small, no doubt hurting her, but one drop fixed it, we had tears back again, which was a relief after having her on liquid tears during the day and a longer lasting eye drop overnight for a while. That awful immediate effect on her eyes lasted for hours though , it was horrible. This happened back in the 80's, it was my first Shady, an ACD, don't know if the vet would recall what it was now that he used. I can ask him tomorrow. I think I have an idea what these drops are used for primarily but don't want to say until I check with him first.
I don't know that eye cures are ever nice. We had blocked tear ducts with Ben, our lovely Sheltie boy, and I fixed that by using Kojo(?) , an eye conditioner/cleanser, and that stung like crazy. Not nice, but not lasting a while like those other drops, and far better for Ben than having to have his tear ducts manually unblocked.