View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
NV Prairie is canned or kibble, but not their raw, maybe the clerk misunderstood.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/raw_products
Actually I think it was the owner that answered, I've never seen a man in there other then the owner...sounded like him too - it's OK. Maybe I can get them to order the Raw for me if I go that route as it seems more people like their Raw diet over others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitgrrl View Post
-what else is added to the meat/bones and in what amounts?
Are there fruits and veggies? What % of the food does that make up and what are they? Personally, I'm not a fan of food that are 10%+ veggie mix.
What is the bone to meat ratio? Some pre-made raw diets are very bone heavy and can cause issues for some animals
Is one meat source used or do they combine multiple meats into one patty?
Again, this is something that some dogs can't deal with, so you might be left thinking there's a problem feeding raw when in fact the dog could handle chicken and beef, just not chicken + beef in one meal.
What supplements are added? Will you want to supplement with things like kelp, fish oil, ect. or is it already added in adequate amounts/quality?
What organs are included in the mix? Is it enough variety?
Can I tell from this list? It seems like there's not enough info just on their website..
This one's for Healthy Paws...
Canine Chicken Complete

Product ID: CCC1P
Size: 454g (1 lb)
Format: Patties - 1oz. (approx.)

Ingredients: Chicken (including liver, heart and gizzard), Sweet potato, Squash, Romaine Lettuce, Apple, Kelp, Parsley, Fish Oil (blend of Sardine, Anchovy and Mackerel oils for Omega 3), Apple Cider Vinegar

Protein (min.): 0.11
Fat (min.): 0.09
Fibre (max.): 0.02
Moisture (max.): 0.72