View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ask away. It never hurts to get lots of info.
I would think Momma is defending her babies. It doesn't matter if she is not in the same room as the babies. She knows they are close. If it is your other foster (whom I assume has been there longer?) that is initiating things then keep them separated until the babies are at least six or seven weeks old. She knows something has changed and is reacting to it. Then do a slow re-intro with them. Treating it as though this is the first time they have met.
Once you decide to let them meet again this is a great site to check out.
http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management
This lady has done a ton of introducing cats to each other.

If possible during reintros can you put a screen door or something on the doorway of the room mom is in with her babies? Something that will keep them both safe but they can see each other? In some cases this seems to help a lot.

I am sure you will get more help. Everyone has different ideas on how to introduce kitties. Somewhere in all of the help is the one that will work for your situation. Good luck!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!