View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:42 AM

Okay, I have calmed down

I talked with some friends and they have calmed me down. I have thought through some of my reasons for getting a dog :companionship, a pet friend for the kids, a reason for me to get more exercise(don't laugh!), I have always had a cat. Dogs are new to me. My last cat was a humane society kitten who died last November at the ripe old age of 19. Some of the reasons for not wanting a dog: the hair, (I just cleaned up from the cat, got new furniture), SO here is my plan:
1.Lindy will be a mainly outside dog,
2.I will give her two walks a day.
3. I will build her a big dog run for when I am not home, it will include the sand box that the kids don't use but she likes to dig in, a grassy area, a pea gravel area and an insulated dog house, plenty of fresh water and shade of a big tree. I like to be outside in the back yard so the spring, summer and fall won't be a problem.
4.I will fix the fence so that she can be off leash in the back yard.
5. In winter and even at other times I am willing for her to be inside but downstairs only. The kids hang out downstairs alot, TV, DVD, Gamecube, playing.
6.I will go to obedience school with her and love her up every chance I get.

If this sounds at all unreasonable please let me know(like that will be a problem on this forum )
Jane