Thread: Engaged!
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara View Post
Congratulations on the engagement. You must remember that people don't choose their family members. My two daughters-in-law are very nice, but their families are not. I have accepted that. In today's world mothers of daughters seem to need to have a close relationship with their daughters, (which is good), but at any cost??? Sorry, I don't agree! My sons knew that no female will ever sleep here in our house in the same bed. The mothers of the future wives welcomed my sons into their daughter's beds in their homes. (????) Which my sons agreed to. I don't know what happened to the moral upbringing they got at home? Sorry I'm very oldfashioned and don't agree with this type of arrangemnt. Does anyone have any shame today? My husband and friends all agree with me. My sons married these girls anyway. Althought I am not judging the females, I am also judging my sons. I play fair!!!!! One girlfriend (now wife) lives in the U.S. and he never mentioned that this was going on. We found out about it by chance when we first met her parents. And of course I made a scene!!! If you are not ashamed to do it, why not tell your parents about it? He was hiding stuff from us, maybe because of fear of us rejecting her. He knows that I'm not like that.

Kiara,
I too am old fashioned, my boys were not allowed to have girls sleep over in my house. My son knows that if he and his fiance were to stay here for the night, the same rule applies. I guess I am old fashioned that way too.
The ex I was referring to with the dysfunctional family (yes I know ppl don't choose their family) well they were raised by their grandparents, and she has a younger sister, whom the grandmother allowed to sleep over at her boyfriends house (his parents were fine with it too). Well she just turned 18 and has just given birth to her second child with this young man. The funny thing is, everyone involved was shocked and surprised and of course upset that it happened the first time, the second time they cursed them out asking how they could let this happen again.

Thank you to everyone for the posts of congrats