View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

If they'd turned on the blind (highly unlikely) I wouldn't have stood a chance--it's pretty flimsy. They're not likely to attack, though--they're more likely to run off, or at worst, just ignore me. Last night there was one in the tree in the basement yard, aiming for the nectar feeders hanging just below. Brier saw it and put up the alarm, so I went down to chase it off. It went up one branch and stopped at the grape jelly feeder instead. I just don't have an impressive voice!

I finally had to clap my hands, put on my deepest loudest voice (pathetically insipid and high-pitched even so ) and charge the tree to get the danged thing to jump down and run to the fence.

Our biggest worry is that one of the dogs will catch up with a raccoon when it's on the ground and get hurt by it. Raccoons are good fighters when they need to be since, as Longblades pointed out, they practice every night!

What am I laughing for!?! I've seen the damage they can do to a dog if they're cornered...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."