View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks again Dr.Lee. He hasn't been to the vet for this though it started months ago, the 'abrasion' theory is my own, sort of analagous to humans getting rough thick skin on their feet.

It's not an actual bald spot, but rather a patch where its just 'grey' fur (I believe his undercoat, if there is such a thing in cats, is grey)..I have felt it to see if he pulls away in pain or anything but he does not. It is a rough area of skin/fur, but other than that he doesn't seem bothered.

Quote:
I do not see or hear the description of mild flaking
Are u talking about flaking of the skin in that area itself or 'dander' in general in his fur? If its the latter then yes, his fur is FULL of dander now since switching him to weight managment food on reccomendation of my vet (he got quite round leading to him refraining from cleaning his own behind ), but I am currently in the process of switching him back to wellness because the state of his fur is quite sad compared to its former glossy glory. It's a bit complicated though because he has repeated anal gland issues (having them expressed twice in 3 months) and so the added bulk from weight control food helps in that regard. On reccomendation of some members (thanks guys!) I'll try supplementing his canned food with some pumkin or sqaush, but that's another story.

In any case, thanks once again. I may take him in to the vet just to ease my mother's mind, but you certaintly eased mine

Oh and going back to vaccines, rabbies is mandadatory here so that I will have to go with - we also have had issues in our city with raccoons and rabbies so I wouldnt want to risk it in case my cats got out. Does the issue of adjuvanated/ not also apply to the standard rabbies vaccine? Or is this more for the boosters?

I re-read your earlier post and was also wondering about the 'needless delivery' of vaccines, is that becoming common place now in vet practices? I havent really heard of it and my cats do get the needles, unless its the vaccine that goes up their nose, lol.

Sorry for all these questions