View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
chronically insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
Now that I have more time i'll comment m ore on the first reply.

Were I live the only heart worm preventitive is heart gaurd and the medium is $22 and the large is $32.

My vet has like 5 yrs experience but often she reffers to a drug book to issue dossages, but when i asked her about dossages forall my dogs she said 1 ml for all..and you can see the wide range of weights. Needless to say, I'm not to quick to jump on that advise. I was good at math so if I can get a look at something like that book online I'd be able to figure it out. Would be a bit disrespectfal of me to say "gimme dat book, you don't know what your doing".
5 years can sometimes be alot of experience but to be honest I don't know of even any newbie vets that carry books like that around

I would suggest a second opinion. Any doubts in your vet need to be addressed. Very few things have a universal dose. About the only thing that has a one size fits all dose would be vaccinations.

Oral ivermectin doses are usually diluted a bit so yeah, 1ml for an oral dose sounds very excessive... but it depends on the strength.

It's all very confusing to be honest. Next time I am in the shelter I will check out our ivermectin doses out of curiosity and can atleast give you something for comparison. But yeah I would try getting a second opinion...

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009