View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:23 AM

Rescuing animals

There are times in one's life when we can help others and times when we think we are helping but in the big picture we are not actually part of the solution but adding to the problem.

Most of the people on this board (from my limtied exposure to them) are good hearted (if albeit sometimes a bit direct-myself included).

I don't think anyone is trying to say your a bad person or a non caring person about your cats. Sometimes we get into situations that sort of spiral out of control and take more time - money and sacrifice than we had planned on. And sometimes our resources - time and money - are limited more than we realized when we got into, IE cat resucue !
And sometimes animal resuceres can skate by, adopt a cat or dog or two and never have behavioral problems or health issues which drain money and time.

I have one dog that was rescued and is still the picture of health 8 years later. I take her to the vet twice a year and the groomer's once a year(spring haircut) and that is it. I have another dog we rescued as a puppy and the first 10 weeks we had her cost us $3,000.00 you just never know. Some people can afford that sort of shock and others would have to go without food to provide it and others still just don't have that sort of cash flow and some vets will not set up payment schedules.

So in closing I hope you stay and listen to the advice on the board and realize we are all dedicated animal lovers. Take the comments at face value and not personal digs.

That's my 2 cents worth and as the country singer says"That's my story and I'm sticking to it"
The Woodbyter