View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:47 PM

That sounds good!

I will post pix if this isn't making sense lol

The only problem I'm having with trying to start this process is the way our furniture is set up. The 3 seater couch has 2 spots, in the creases, covered with aluminum foil cuz of some accidents. I have tried spraying nature's miracle and then the water + peroxide + vinegar mixture, but I still smell pee. Right now Gizzy is curled up next to the arm of the couch only a foot and a half away from the aluminum foil. So I guess that means I can put his purr pad there? Or if not, I have an old empty subwoofer box that I had in an old car, that is kinda like a 2 floor condo for cats. He is currently using that as his sleeping area when he wants to be hidden. There are blankets in there, no accidents/spraying in there cuz Forest doesn't go in there. And not like he can kick Gizzy out of it if he wanted too. Gizzy scratches the outside of the box where the carpet is attached to it.

As for seperating them when we can't watch them, we live in an open concept condo apartment. Our bedroom can be closed off with a door and we have a 2 piece bath that can be closed off as well. I was thinking of leaving Gizzy with free reign to the living/kitchen area and letting Forest have the bedroom. Each would have their own litter box so no accidents. This sounds like a perfect arrangement but I can't think of any cons. Can you?