View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:45 AM

First, welcome to the forum, NHGIRL!

My "gut" response is that Pepper may be getting into/coming into contact with some toxic substance. Three acute attacks, all overnight at intervals of a few months. Symptoms are shaking, heavy breathing and loss of mobility, then add diarrhea and vomiting.

You said "all the tests came back negative"...besides the FIV, Leukemia and Heartworm tests, what other tests were done? Was a urinanalysis done?

Is there a cat-only clinic available in your general area? If you're unsure, you could use this site to find a recognized feline Vet http://www.catvets.com/findadoctor/findadoctor.aspx I'd certainly be seeking an alternate, expert opinion if I were in your position.

If there is actually a household toxin involved, it needs to be found quickly - especially considering that there's now a second cat in the picture. I suggest you select one room, search it thoroughly for anything she might get into and, when you're sure it's safe, seclude both cats in there.

Think carefully...was any special cleaning done just before she became sick this time? Perhaps the bathroom? Household cleaners/cleansers can make a cat extremely ill - or worse. Obviously, it's a periodic issue...so, consider that in your investigation.

Are you "new to cats"? Did you cat-proof your house before Pepper came to you?