View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry for your loss, miamorgana

There are cancers of the blood vessels that result in very vascular tumors that often rupture and result in the dog bleeding out. Perhaps your sweet girl had something like that--perhaps more than one. They often form on the spleen and then metastasize--so the primary one on her spleen could have burst when she died, and a secondary one in her snout or GI tract then burst shortly after. But of course it's just a guess...

13 years! That's wonderful longevity for a mastiff cross! I can tell from the way you write about her that she was well-loved. I know how difficult it is to lose them, but she passed so quickly and peacefully with you at her side! What a blessing that is!

I wish you heart's ease and happy memories to bolster you through this difficult time. When you're ready, we do have a Rainbow Bridge forum where you can post a memorial of your sweet girl. We'd love to hear about her!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."