View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Odd, the entire list of nutritional values is identical to Mountain Dog Food's "Ascension Chicken" made/located in Alberta. http://www.mountaindogfood.com/Analyses/nutrients.htm

On the link you provided in your first post (even more odd, the ad has disappeared from that site ), their description as to the pros of feeding raw was copied word for word from another site promoting raw feeding.
Hmmm, interesting...

Quote:
Furthermore, there is nothing, not a single mention of this company anywhere on the www . (A K9Cuisine does exist but it's in Illinois, not the same company at all.)
I had done a search, found same info as you. I also tried a site search here.

It's possible that it is mentioned in say, a Yahoo group, because it's up to the group's administrator it they want their posts to be included in Internet searches. I have yet to ask in the Yahoo groups I belong to. I should do that...

Quote:
Oh, and on the original ad, one of the photos was packaged meat...there was green vegetable matter that was plain to see....no mention of vegetables in their ingredients though. Here's the pic (in case you didn't notice it) that was posted that was taken of the outdoor site where the boxes of meat were stacked . Federally inspected doesn't necessarily mean federally approved.
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if the picture was of their product or even if it was of meat or not.

Quote:
I know, I sound awfully suspicious of the product and the company but, that's because I am. CassieK, you know how the saying goes..."if it's too good to be true, it probably is" ?
I'm also suspicious. I thought that if they had as many customers as they imply, then I might find some here on Pets.ca... If it's a good company to deal with supplying a good product at a good price, then wouldn't some of their clients be mentioning it in places other than in their testimonials in their email? Perhaps the testimonials are also from another company's site? Oh man, another search I have to do...

Maybe if you become one of their clients, you have to swear to rules similar to "Fight Club" - (The first rule of Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club.)

This "company" seems really paranoid.

A lot of red flags, but I'm a Taurus.

We can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Inaction is part of the problem.
Please advocate for animals.