View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin View Post
You can live ok without stuff but to live without the ones you love would be horrible.
Having the privilege of watching families reclaim their pets that message really came across. Even more so when looking into the faces of the kids. It was as if you had just given their world back to them.

Still even if you leave with your pets you may not have anything to take them home to as you struggle to rebuild you life. I don’t know if I posted this here before but one image really sticks in my head. Standing in front of two side by side cages looking at his pit bulls was a man in his fifties. He was the toughest looking man I had ever seen in my life. He was hard and the back of his neck looked like leather but I swear I saw a tear run down from behind his sunglasses as he knelt to whisper to his dogs. Then I saw his baseball hat. On it was the MIA\POW symbol. This was a man still not at peace with leaving men behind in Vietnam. I felt a tear run down my face as he now stood over his beloved dogs and promised them that he would take them home soon. I really hope that after all he had been through that he got to do that.