View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Senior Contributor

chico2, that last rose in particular is stunning and very much like one called The Childrens' Rose here. Does yours have a lovely fragrance? The Childrens' Rose does. I buy named roses and at the start was in awe of my sister knowing one from another, but really it's easy peasy. Besides, each year I have a wish list of wonderful roses I drool over every time I see a photo of them in a catalogue, book or on forums, so I can certainly remember them after wanting them for ages. LOL.
Melinda, I think it's wonderful that you have a ground hog visiting. I have never even seen one. You wouldn't drag me away from your water feature.
You have no idea how much I'd like to say yes to a bare rooted rose off your bush but our customs are so strict that I doubt very much that it'd get through. Lovely of you to offer though.
I have added a photo of one of my favorite pink roses, Belle Story, a David Austin rose. I love the big yellow stamens and it never takes a bad photo. The striped rose is the pretty Cabana.
Attached Images