View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:26 PM

I'm having a hard time with Hunter because all he wants to do is bite. He still chases the cats (spraying him won't work - I've actually set up a spare bedroom to put the cats away for a few hours so they can rest). He'll run all over the furniture though he listens when we say "no" and that means he can't jump on. He chases after things but he won't bring them back to keep playing so after you throw the ball he catches it, quickly loses interest, and then runs after the cats. He won't even look at Kong toys. In fact, none of his toys seem to catch any of his interest. He gets plenty of physical excercise all on his own (we still walk him though) but I can't get him mentally stimulated to where he would focus on ONE thing for more than 2 seconds unless it's CONSTANTLY moving around the house - the minute it stops, he's done with it and on to the cats. Obviously the cats don't stop running away from him, but I don't want him to do that, and he's not very good at listening when it comes to leaving the cats alone. The cats have even hissed and scratched and it doesn't phase him at all. Jokingly, I think I would have to tazer him when he's attacking the cats for him to learn NOT to do it!

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal,
but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."
- Proverbs 12:10
www.myspace.com/mhass1129