View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
does the vet know why he is so bloated? Is he on meds for it...if there are meds for such a thing that is. He must be uncomfortable...poor sweetie.

She thinks he may have Eosinophilic syndrome which often affects the stomach. Diet will be the main thing in keeping it in check. We recently switched him from Wellness large breed puppy to Wellness Simple Duck and Rice. It will be a few weeks before we know if it's going to help. If not, as much as we despise the vet diets, we may have to put him on one and just give him a good supplement. They have 1 diet that is hypo-allergenic and consists of hydrolized ingredients. I feel bad for him, though it doesn't seem to bother him most of the time, as long as he passes the gas.
He was sitting at my feet watching me put his pills in the "meatballs" and let out the longest, squeakiest one I have ever heard from a dog . He was smiling and wagging his tail the whole time

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012