View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Senior Contributor

here we go again

hi everyone

having some trouble with my tank again. I got two cory cats about a week ago and two cherry barbs. They were in the same tank at the pet store and from what i saw everyone was looking pretty good. Well on tuesday i lost both the cory cats and the cherry barbs are fine. Tonight i am losing one of my blue platies (the other blue platie is fine swimming around and acting normal) but everyone else seems fine. I tested the ph and its at 7.4 which i know is high. How can i lower that do i have to add something that lowers ph? the ammonia and nitrite are at 0. The nitrate is at 10 ppm which according to my book is fine. Could it be some sort of sickness came in with the cory cats? or maybe the blue platie just died i've had them for about 5 months. plus i have a female beta in there and my angel fish is chasing her around is this just normal or do angelfish and betas don't get along? i'm about to move her to her own little tank i just have to get it set up. I am finding i don't really understand fish as much as i thought lol.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007