View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2004, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmom
I have to agree to a certain extent. Some dogs that have been raised outside, LOVE it outside and don't even want to be inside. These are usually the heavy coated ones that any kind of weather does not faze on them. Although, I think Dobermans and Rottie's are another kind that you see outside often. I enjoy going down country roads and seeing the farm dogs lying on the driveways, happy as a pig in sh**! Ask them if they want to go inside? The answer would be no, we are very happy out here in nature, watching the bunnies and squirrels go by.

On the other hand, there are dogs that are "people" dogs and need to be close to people. There is a fine line between what dogs are ok outside, and which are not.

I think in the case of the Dobie that was a problem in one of the threads, this dog is sick and unhealthy right now. He "wants" to be inside, that was made clear. I can't see keeping a dog outside that wants and needs to be close to people, for whatever reason.

I'm not a firm believer on either side of the fence. Its a case by case situation.

JMHO
Heather and her 2 Golden Girls
Well since that's pretty much my opinion too.... Ditto