View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
One of your mystery flowers #2 is a pink Clematis. A good vine plant that needs support as it grows.
thanks, ill def try and give it more support

The yellow lily bunch is Daylily (Hemerocallis) named "Stella d'Oro." Flowers only last about a day then they die off. To keep it looking fresh, pluck the dead ones as often as you can, and don't let them go to seed. It's a kind of rounded triangular seed pod - just snap them off. But be careful, sometimes there are 4-6 flower buds per flowering stalk. If prevented from going to seed you'll make the plant think "oh no I haven't been successful in making seeds, I should keep trying." And with luck and right conditions, she'll continue popping out new flowers. Mine haven't started blooming yet.
Ive already used that advice..thanks soooo much!
I want to say that the variegated leaves and flowers is a Weigela, but not 100% sure.

You've done a wonderful job with the garden and everything is beautiful!
thank u I am trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Wow,very pretty Onster
I too think the first one is a Wegelia I have a bush too,but a dark red and not varigated leaves.
varigated means different kinds of leaves right? Ive always wondered about that with that plant
The Clematis,I always cut down to about 2 feet in the spring and it will bloom every year.
will do
I also have a couple of Stella d'Oros it's the only Lily I have that blooms all summer.
Good Job Onster
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Beautiful flowers, onster!

Don't know what the yellow mystery flower is, but keep it--it's pretty!
I looked today and already theres 4 of them I may have to pull 'em out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Hazel,you reminded me,the Yellow Mystery flower,don't know the name,but watch it,it spreads like crazy.
I had one,but ended up pulling it out,
It popped up everywhere
Yes Im seeing that now

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"