View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2006, 05:35 PM

No Pets to save your own heart?

I've heard from a person i work with that she would not own another pet, because when they die it's just too painful.

I find this mentality SO PERPLEXING.

I understand that heart ache is harder to deal with for some, but why would you negate the possibility of SO MANY great experiences just to save a few tears when it's that time?

In the case of animals, i really do think it's a strong case for the "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all" saying. They bring such wonderful light into our worlds that to never consider doing it again seems so drastic to me.

I can't honestly imagine a life without a furry companion or three to run around and be crazy with.

I understand that not all people think like this, but it makes me feel really sad inside to hear people talk about pets that have passed on, and how much joy they brought and yet they won't give another little friend a chance because they will eventually die.

The same feelings get conjured up when i hear of people who've had to euthanize their dear friends and didn't end up staying with them for their last moments... I am not condemning anyone for doing it, but i just really feel that at that point it's not about YOU, it's about them and helping them go on to a better place with you holding their paw all the way.

I couldn't imagine being sick and scared because i was in this strange place with wierd people around me, and not knowing what was happening....

anyway, just a little rant.

<3 yay for pets!