View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
I think I will just cook food for her as she's very picky about eating dry dog food (like she really doesn't like it). Any input on that would be appreciated too, but I'm going to go search some threads.

I personally am not a great fan of EVO. I think it is a good food but it seems hard for a lot of dogs to digest. I tried Riley on it and it was one food that he could never seem to process correctly. I have a friend who had her pittie on the red meat formula as well and he did okay but when she finally switched him off their was a noticeable improvement .

I think sometimes when they are reluctant to eat something it is a sign that perhaps it doesn't agree with them. Some foods work better for some dogs then others will . Of course, it could be that they are just being picky but with Riley when he seems reluctant to eat something I listen. He has a healthy appetite (although not food obsessed like Lucy) so I believe he is telling me something when he doesn't want to eat the kibble.