View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
Define serious. They show the common symptoms,and it is usually due to chicken,or grain. She never had problems as a pup on the good stuff. It had no grain.
These are the symptoms you described:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon W View Post
lola
bald area,mostly on the right side down her back
Poor pigmentation of skin and coat
hot spots where hair missing
head shaking
Runny, goopy eyes and runny nose
oily skin/fur
Obesity or can't maintain weight not tht bad but she is over
Poor stools, soft or small overly firm (constipated)
Vomiting food portions or a yellow froth on occasion

Bruin
chews paws and tail
ear infections
rubs but on floor
Constant shedding and Hot Spots
oily fur

when she was a puppy she ate nutram,then when i had to change to adult i used pedigree,nutram was getting $$,it started after the switch. lola has stopped a lot of the vomiting now its just the odd time.
The reasons I consider that serious is that there are a lot of symptoms, that some of them point towards possible endocrine abnormalities and infectious disease, and if all that is due to an allergy it must be a pretty severe one. Some dogs are allergic to chicken, some to lamb or beef or turkey or salmon. Some dogs are allergic to certain grains, and some to the alternatives they put in grain-free food. Some dogs can show every one of the symptoms you have described and not have a food allergy at all.

In good conscience the only advice I can give you is to work through this problem with your vet. You mentioned you are concerned about the cost of a vet visit - a decent-sized bag of Global's top quality foods will cost more than a check-up, and if that one kind of food turns out to make things worse for your dogs instead of better, you haven't saved a dime by buying it.