View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Question 5 month pit mix pup with skin issues

I have a 5 month old pit mix that survived parvo and is now ailing from a skin infection. We noticed redness and irritation under her front legs and on her chest a little while after her vet stay for parvo. I took her to the vet, they did a scrape of her skin and was told it was not mange but moreso stress related. Antibiotics were Rx and we were sent on our way with them helping minimally. Her skin seemed to have cleared up and then it would flare up again. Her scratching, licking, paw chewing, stinky and just all around blah-ness is starting to really concern me. She has been on antibiotics twice already and we were told to bathe her in a very expensive shampoo 2x weekly. She stinks like rotting fruit no matter what. After being gone for several hours the other night, we came home to let her out of her kennel to find she was covered in hives. We are now giving her Ivomec 1x daily in hopes that this is demodectic mange and the oral mite meds will help ease her suffering. I am at a loss and do not know what else to do. I just want my dog back. I will say this, we go for regular daily walks and when we are outside she is completely content and not at all bothered by her skin. Is there anyone out there that can help me help my dog?!?