View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:44 PM

Hi Hazel:

Yogi is not a bone type cat. BB is the bone kitty. Both Yogi and Mrg will not partake in bones.

When I make up cat food, I will take some of the raw meat and chunk it so those 2 will at least have something to exercise their jaws on and Yogi has a bad habit of biting twice and then trying to swallow - which quite often ends in a throw up. I tried him today on a piece of turkey neck and the look I got insinuated that I was trying to feed him garbage and he walked away, and BB finished it off in short time.

When I make up the "fowl" cat food, I grind up the bones - put them through the grinder twice - and mix everything together - meat, ground up bones, supplements, egg yolks, and a wee bit of veggie - and this is the raw food mix I feed to them. The turkey or chicken necks are kept as a treat if they come with the bird.

Seeing what Longblades has to say about the wings, I'd be tempted to try the tip down to the 2nd joint and see how he handles it. It might be best to try it in an evening so you can sit and supervise him. I'm thinking I might try it as well and see how BB likes it.

As far as constipation - if you're feeding just a small amount, like a piece of neck or wing 2 or 3 times a week - I don't think you should have any problem. Just keep an eye on the litter box and watch JD when he's using it.