View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM

Transitioning to raw...

I have two cats a ragdoll named Snowman and a Birman named LightyLiu that I am wanting to transition to raw. I am doing this largely for Snowman's benefit as he has IBD and for the past three years it has been an on-again, off-again issue and I'd like to get the matter resolved if I could and based on what I've read raw is my last hope.

I bought some Nature's Variety raw chicken and turkey to begin the switch but I'm concerned about how to do this properly. According to the website my total daily allowance for their feeding will be about eight onces for the two of them. Seems like a lot relative to what they eat now in California Natural kibble. Snowman weighs 15-17 pounds and Lighty weighs 8.5-9. Snowman is average activity for a Ragdoll. Lighty is averge activity for a Birman but she would tend towards the upper end of the scale to be sure.

I know this question gets asked a lot but there doesn't seem to be a clearing house of information that you can go to and get consistent answers on the best way to transition cats to raw. I just want to get off to a good start and minimise the waste while I'm introducing the food.

Can anyone help?