View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:31 AM

Level 4-6 Heart Murmur - Answered by Dr. Lee

I bought a rottwiler puppy from a reputable breeder that showed me the health records of the parents which are show dogs etc. I have the health guarentee for her and was told her 6 week check up went well and she's a healthy little girl. However, I got her at 8 weeks old and took her to my vet to find out that she has a heart murmur. I knew this was common and could go away so I was a little concerned but didn't think too much of it.

She just had her 12 week checkup and my vet said the murmur is between a level 4-6. I notified my breeder and she said this would be her first health issue and she has been breeding since 2004. I'm taking her to a cardiologist Monday morning to find out more but since I am trying to educate myself as much as possible before then, I'm am looking for any suggestions or questions I should be looking into. The breeder offered to take her back if it is severe but I'm not really wanting to just give up on her.

I'm googling it as much as possible, but anyone with experience or more insight is appreciated since I have just a few days before the appointment.