View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Urea & Creatinine are both back into normal range with the urea just on the high edge which could have indicated a kidney infection or just the dehydration.
Her Urea and Creat were always in the normal high range which is why the kidney issue was always a puzzle, especially since the other problems kept coming up.

Quote:
liver enzymes with the exception of Alk Phos are normal, Chloride on the high edge, the high cholesterol and the symptoms presenting I would suspect Cushing's, Liver disease, Pancreatitis or cancer. Alk phos and cholesterol can be indicators of liver or bile duct obstructions, all of the symptoms presented occur with Pancreatitis but high lipase and amylase are almost always occur, Tus' lipase is normal & the amylase is not listed.
This is always been the puzzle. There would be 1 or 2 things that would point in a direction of some disease like the CRF but then the other pieces of a disease would not fit. or some other flag would go up that would not fit. What I find the most frustrating is that she could have X illness that could be resolved with Y medication but we can't find out what X is

Quote:
there any notes at the bottom of the test from the Lab Dr?
There was no other notes on this report. On the Aug report was her T4 in normal range so hyperthyroidism could not be diagnosed. No liver enzyme increases to flag one for hyperthyroidism. The mild increase in creatinine could be early signs of CRF. At this point I thought it might be her thyroid causing weight loss.

Quote:
it was my cat I would have an abdominal ultrasound done to try to rule out some of the possibilities as this will give a clearer picture of what is happening in the abdomen and will show any inflammation, enlargement or tumors.
This was the suggestion of my vet. They just got a new ultasound machine in, so it would be a good time to have her done.

I just have to wait a little while for the dust to settle on the last visit. Since she came home smelling like the vet, "my boy" decided he did not like the foreign smell and sprayed the bed room where she slept, and since Tus was full of fluids and doped up she pee'ed on the bed. It's taken me 2 days, 4 loads of laundry and about a litre of Nature's Miracle to get the smell out of the bed room. Not a happy mom with my boy, Tig. But hey I have a very clean bedroom

Oh one question. Any thought on the USG of 1.020? The vet seems to be very worried about this. I don't quite understand why??

and please give all the you can, it's your advice that's gotten me this far.

Thanks