View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Update on Princess

She's has adapted well, and is doing great. This will be her third day here now. And it is her first day that she has been eating for us! I couldn't find wellness any where, so we decided to go with Nutro, and are having alright time with it. Hubby and I think she was fed more table scraps, than dog food as he didn't find a bag of food anywhere at his grandpa's house, and she just stares at us when we are eating... Plus she doesn't seem interested in it at all.. and has only taken a nibble or two today. Also, from the looks of it, she isn't Lhaso Apso, and is a Shih Tzu. Cute none the less though. But boy does she ever bark when she hears someone outdoors! lol.... She actually started barking at me, before I even touched the door handle one day, when coming from getting the mail... lol... Oh well... It'll take some time for her to get used to hearing all the people outside, now that she lives in the suburbs, and not way out in the country anymore. Oh, she IS also housebroken, and only had 1 accident on the first day she got here, but she was afraid of us yet. Which brings me to my first question... She is TERRIFIED of people. She still shakes sometimes when hubby and I are around her... What's the best way to show her, that no ones going to hurt her... She has never really been around anyone besides hubbys grandpa, so she's afraid of everyone...