View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Not sure where you are but there should be puppies at the shelters or rescues near you, or you could put your name in with them while you decide... The HS I go to always has puppies, they go fast, so most families pre-apply and wait. Not sure what resources are around you.

My sister has a husky, and she is an . And a rescue from the spca, a stary who's about 2. While they were looking they got in touch with some husky rescues and were assisted in finding what they wanted...

The not so good things that I know of the breed - high prey drive, not good off leash, very vocal, shedding. My sis's husk can never go off leash, always has to be on leash - no dog parks, free running at camp. Altho I see huskys at the parks, they do like to run and chase.

The good things I know are they are good with kids and great family member, they need to be included in your day to day routine, if any dog is a pack dog it's a husky. They are gentle and tolerant.

Things you have to do for them: give them a job to do - they are a working breed, they require exercise and can go forever but can be lazy if properly worked, they require a strong leader.

I love love love the breed, I didn't know much about them until we met Skye...

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)