View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010, 04:51 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
One thing I'd like to point out is that the "rudeness" that is spoken about from the more senior members isn't something that just pours forth because someone joins the board with a different view. I've sat back and watched how it develops and almost without fail the initial reponses to the breeding quesitons, etc are calm and just explain the board's view on spay/neuturing or give some simply advice. When the OP starts to post things that are defensive then you see the members get a little snarky.

This is the reason I think many of these threads are started by trolls. You can see the baiting of the members and eventually the anger comes out.

And, no (forget who posted it earlier), senior members aren't allowed to get away with rudeness, Marko and the mods shut down the threads all the time when things get out of hand. It's not like they allow members to just post whatever they want and ignore it.

And given this is a pro spay/neuter board I think members should be able to state their views clearly. It wouldn't make sense, for instance, for someone who is a Liberal to join a Conservative message board and think if they start posting all sorts of things pertaining to the Liberal party that it isn't going to stir things up. All message boards have a theme running throughout them and that's what creates the whole feel of the board and makes it home for many members.
Exactly how I see things

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey