View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM

Of course, all the good vets live away from me it's just another sign to move to the better areas! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Dollface: I didn't notice the quote by me on your signature line before Thanks. It is so heartwarming.
You're very welcome L4H!! But thank YOU for posting it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I am between Hamilton and St Catharines. Closer to St. Cats. I take my cats to St Cats at the moment but that may change. The vet office charges $65 for an office visit.
A wee bit too far right now lol

Quote:
Just a caution. Just because a vet is cheap does not mean anything. Remember that adage "You get what you pay for." $69 for a mobile vet to come to your house for 1/2 hour! I'd jump at it!!
Hmm, well that sounds promising! I think it's a toss up between the mobile vet and The Cat Hospital in North York who charge $75/visit.

Quote:
As for the food being pushed. You do not need to use the vet's food in order to keep on seeing the vet. They can biatch all they want about what you are feeding your cats. Doesn't mean a thing. As long as you are comfortable in what you are feeding and confident it is keeping your cats healthy then pretend interest and don't buy the food on the way out.
It's just that I have a hard time with being confronted with someone who is supposed to be the caretaker of my pets that doesn't know that dry food is the worst thing for a cat and they just keep pushing and pushing. You know what I mean?

Quote:
If you are interested in pursuing being a vet why not? It has nothing to do with being "smart enough." It has a lot to do with having the heart to do it.
Hmm, well maybe one day I could pursue it. Thanks for the vote of confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
there is a wonderful vet in Oakville names Lisa Burgess, promotes raw or canned feeding, also practices holistic medicine and will make house calls. Not possitive what her rates are but never heard anything but good things about her.
Hmm, Oakville's not that far, maybe if she has Saturday hours she could be a contender. I will have to look her up! Thanks aslan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sib.HuskyMom View Post
Here's a link to a pet store that I like to go to in St. Jacobs.
She has a page on her website that lists a bunch of holistic vets in Ontario - some of which are in your region.
You can try giving them a call. Good luck!
http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/holi...erinarians.htm
Thanks for the link Sib.HuskyMom!