View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Senior Contributor

About the probiotics and steroids - I don't really understand that. I know that many protocols use them together, say for Crohn's disease? I wonder if they just put that there to cover themselves for liability purposes?

The giardia. I know some have said that it never cleared with metro, and they had to switch to panacur. Luckily, that is one thing that I haven't had experience with.

So curious, what type of tick test was it that showed positive. Was it a PCR test?

I don't know if I posted it before, but this is the liver support product that folks on the tick list have had very good response to, including mine. It seems to help the kidneys a slight bit too.

I am told that the SNAP test is not very sensitive for anaplasmosa and/or ehrlichlia - a number of folks on the tick list will have dogs with negative SNAPs and positive titers. It is supposed to be much more sensitive for lyme.

I would hope that this is an acute infection, but that anemia a couple of years ago has me questioning that. It is thought that it takes a long time for the disease to start causing platelet and blood cell problems, but I also think that there is a lot that we don't know. It would be really nice if this were dealt with and there weren't ongoing issues. With Max, he will probably be on doxy for most of the rest of his life, unless I can figure out something creative.

Still, all in all, a very happy turn of events, and a HUGE relief!