View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b View Post
But I also suggest the beware of dog signs. Some people have misconceptions as to what this sign means. It actually is a warning stating that a dog lives there. I have one. My niece and her fiance(criminal lawyer) also have one as do all my family and friends as I have told them to put one up. This actually stops some fool from breaking in. Unless they want to get bitten. Or if they do get bitten, it lessens the chance of them wanting to charge you. I know a judge who actually threw out the case where someone was bitten. His reply was, did you not read the signs. . Yes this from a Judge.
Mona, I was told to put a sign "beware of dog" because Utility Co's have a right to enter private property and should be aware of the danger prior to entering. Then I got a visit from my Animal Control and he told me with that sign he can seize my dogs because it's stating their dangerous? To add insult I was also told by him if my dogs ever bit anyone even a burglar on my property they would be pts? In any event I removed the sign