View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I hope you have advised the entire family of the dogs current aggression problems and I hope they do not have young children. Your dog has food aggression problems which were probably aggrivated by your teasing of him by repeatidly taking his food awhile while he was eating (as you said so yourself). Think of how this situation will go, if he is in a home with other dogs. There can be and just may be a violent fight that ensues.

I do recall offering you some very very good advise on how to curb the food aggression and you were more consumed with how aggrivating it was for you to spend so much time feeding him...remember that? Training a dog does not happen over night. I have seen dogs (adult dogs) who have made complete turn arounds. Your dog is a pup and very easily worked out of a habit like that...IF you are consistent.

I suggest, that perhaps you should enroll the dog into an obedience course near the home he will be staying / living in and you should pay for it.(hopefully to get him started off right).

When is he going to his new home?

BTW your friends GSD thats his age, it is a male/female?