View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Jess & Carter

Bleeding Pregnant Cat

My old cat, Princess resides with an old friend of mine.
I could no longer keep her due to the landlords changes their pet rules.
She just recently moved in with my friend and she is pregnant.
I assumed she became so in late February or March when I adopted my (apparently not neutered) Turkish Angora.
The day she moved out, she was beginng to bleed slightly.
That was Monday.
I was sure she was going into labour and begged my friend to pick her up ASAP so she's would be able to give birth in her care.
Princess has settled in nicely with her new family, very friendly, adores her 2 very young children and is fully feeling comfortable in her new home.
Princess is 2.
But the bleeding has yet to stop, in fact it's gotten to point that she's dripping.
Me & my boyfriend could never feel the kittens, but we could feel the lumps and hear them when our ear was up to her stomach.
Her new mummy cannot see them move and it's beginning to concern the both of us.
I have been keeping tract of her pregnancy and she is hitting her due date with rapid speed that I've been saying for the past week or two that this should be the week.
Now things are starting to happen, but still no kittens.
She still eating big, but her stool is very loose.
It's contains no blood that I know of myself and she seems in no pain or any discomfort.
We've both scoured googled for some help, both coming up seemingly empty handed.
Some sites say this is nothing to worry about, others say its serious.
I personally don't know.
She is a very petite cat with a kitten's figure.
She's fully grown but about the size of a nine month old kitten.
The sire to the kittens, was not an overly large cat, but the size of any typical male of his breed.
We're somewhat concerned that maybe the kittens took his size and are too difficult for her to pass.
We prayed for a larger litter thinking the more there were, the less room they'd have to grow so passing them should be okay for her.
A smaller litter and we fear she may not make it due to the fact of the kittens being too large.
The nearest vet is an hour and a half away.
Neither me nor Princess's new mother has a form of transportation that can take her there.
We simply want to know if this bloody show IS indeed something serious or if it's just signs that soon the kittens will be on their way and their just being particularily stubborn.