View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM

Thanks Sugarcatmom and Love4Himies for the information. I did try some Fancy Feast as well but usually if I added it to his food I would take tiny bits and kinda roll it up and place it in amongst his kibble. I will definetely look into the information and try some other "tricks" of the trade I know with Kasey it is going to be an uphill battle, he is so stubborn but I know in my heart it will be better for him in the long run so we will pursue any means possible to help make it happen.

I have read the link you posted for hypercalcemia and every other thing I could find on the internet about it as well.

I do have a question about the parathyroid test if anyone knows. Is the blood test for the parathyroid hormone test different than a thyroid or Free T4 test ?

When I dropped Kasey off this morning our vet was not in but I told the tech that was admitting Kasey that I wanted to talk to her about hyperparathyroidism and there was a blood test to check the PTH levels. Since he is there for the morning could they do that as well then I wouldn't have to bring him back later. She added it to the quote as a Free T4 test. And she made a comment that there is usually weight loss associated with the thyroid. I know there is with hyperthyroidism but may not be with hyperparathyroidism.

We did weigh him this morning and he was the same as last week so that was good news. He is still picky with his food but there is no vomitting, diarrhea or anything. And he peed at 6:45 this morning and I was able to catch it all in the sample bottle for the vet

Thanks,

Karen