View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:33 AM

Thank you so much, growler
Just today, I found out how to view the latest messages to Pets.ca (I'm not really familiar with these forum systems) and found your post to this thread. Thank you!

He's less active these days compare to spring time but perhaps (and I hope) it's maybe because of the heat and humidity of the rainy season but I'm not sure. I pinch test every day and it seems OK. But as his BUN, CRE, and proteiuria are already not in normal range (and his blood glucose), I have to be careful…
I'm planning to take his urine for another urinalysis soon.

I read in your thread that your Duffy had homeopathic treatment. I was interested and have found other good reports about homotoxicology treatment in several different places, too. Then I had a chance to have a phone consulting with a holistic vet here in Japan about 10 days ago. The vet suggested combination remedies for Akane's kidney but said "not now" having seen his last test results. She said maybe start treatment when his creatinine is above 3 mg/dL. I'm not really happy with this decision because what I was hoping was something to keep him as he is. Well.. I will contact her with his latest test result again.

Combination remedy seems so convenient to apply compare to classical homeopathy. I was surprised. I'm now trying to learn more about it for cats and for ourselves but information is very limited here. It's not as popular as classical homeopathy. But fortunately, I've found out that I could order BHI/Heel products through "iherb" and have ordered "Detox kit" for myself. I'm taking it now to see if it will bring positive change to me, for trial. Do you know any good sources for a beginner to learn about it?