View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:09 PM

Ok so time for another update. Gizzy is basically trained to jump to his spot on the couch even if the purr pad is not there. And when my bf sits in his spot to play video games he goes to his sub box or the cardboard box my breadmaker came in for xmas. Forest, is another story. He just doesn't care, unless I catch him or snap my fingers. Forest wants to explore the new cardboard box but Gizzy claimed it first so it's only fair, right? Grrr.

Since Forest had an accidental peeing on his spot on the recliner he found a new spot to curl up in, one of the carriers by the wall and I put his red blanket over it to keep the heat in. Then I took off the red blanket and put it on his spot to remind him he has other spots to sleep and I put a heavier blanket partially over the carrier.

Then Christmas eve night comes around. We get home at 12am and Gizzy jumps up on Forest's red blanket and sprays right in front of my bf! He's not soo good at policing like I am and I wasn't in the room. Grr.

Then today when my bf was resetting the router (have to get close to the ground) he smells spray! I never thought he would spray the carpet where it's basically no man's land and it's where everyone walks!

But I just read that spraying could be a medical problem. What kind of problem would that be?? Should I take him to the vet to get checked out?

Now bf is all unchillaxed and says if Gizzy does it again he's gone! He just won't listen to me that we just have to keep them separated when we're not around to watch them and he won't hear of it. He refuses to asknowledge that Forest is part of the problem too. He also says that in the 6 cats he's had while growing up, they never introduced them and they never had a problem. And yes our mistake was not introducing them at all, I just had no idea, 1st time cat owner over here. I don't know what else to do to make him understand. I feel like my only options are to put diapers on them cuz I feel our already-busting-at-the-seams apartment is too small to separate them, or just separate them in each bathroom, but one is a half-bath and the other is a full-bath cuz I don't trust them to each have full run of the bedroom where our clothes are and the other to have full-run of the rest of the space where the furniture is. Soo confused and frustrated. :sad: