Thread: ChiMom
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2014, 11:21 AM

ChiMom

I need some advice. I had two female chihuahuas who were rescued from a Puppy Mill and were extremely bonded. I lost one to heart disease about three weeks ago. They were both puppy pad and outside potty trained. Since Flo has been on her own she will not use the pads. This would not normally be a problem as my room mate is home all day, but he will be away for two weeks and I will be at work all day. I cannot have someone come to the house as Flo,is very nervous of people and would never go out for them. Flo actually wet a couple of times near the pad. This has never happened. She has been holding off going to the bathroom even when my room mate is, here. He takes her outside several times a day and watches her closely and told me she will not go. She does go when I get home from work. She has bonded more with me since she lost her Buddy. I also think the pecking order has been disturbed. Flo used to boss my cats and now tends to be afraid of them. I am worried about leaving her all day. She also refuses to go out in the snow so what happens then. Help!