View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:44 PM

Well, it does get better over time but we're not talking about a weekend or even a month. Bob is much better at being left alone now and doesn't totally destroy his blankets every time I leave him or howl and cry all the time I'm gone. That's taken over 8 months to reach this point.

My friends have a dog, I think I mentioned it the other day, that was getting out of their kennel. Without repeating myself, they tried plexiglassing the front door of the kennel. She broke the plexiglass and jumped out a window and ran around the neighborhood. Finally they ended up drilling holes in the doorway of the kennel and dropping rebar down through the holes. This was on top of taking her to the vet and getting her some prozac equivalent or something. That seems to have at least addressed the confinement issue.

If she didn't jump out the window, she would have completely destroyed their home. I've seen her work in the past when she actually ate a door and ripped up my living room carpet here at my place.

But their major concern over everything else is that she is so stressed out about being left alone that she does these things. They can't seem to normalize her to being left alone for any period of time.

This is after they've had her for over three years.