View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Gianna's Mommy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiOurs View Post
good morning!

It's cold here in north florida! there's frost on the pumpkin-- echhh!!

I put a diet/cancer poll over on the pet recipe thread. I'd sure appreciate if ya'll would wander over there and click on the appropriate button.. I realize we've got mostly raw feeders here.. hopefully some non-raw folks will answer the poll too.
I have a Neopolitan Mastiff with pancreatic innsuffenciy (excuse my spelling). When we first found out, or it actually might be b4 we found out what she had, we tried every type of food for her. She wasn't gaining any weight and her stools were never formed, these were the 1st signs. So we tried the raw diet. Well besides being disgusted from the raw meat and cow insides, it made her (excuse the grossness) have, what we like to call, "greasy farts" She was excreating yellow oil stuff. I'm guessing it was because of her illness. After we found out what she had, we changed her diet to all vegetables and grains. That worked for awhile, but still not gaining any weight (she was 70-75lbs at age 2, when she should have been 120-150) We finally food that the Science Diet perscription WD food worked the best. She's went up to 80lbs (we recently moved from nj with my family to illinois, and she gained 15lbs, she's now 95lbs) She's nice a big now, but she's going thru some skin problems, but thats a whole other story that i've written a thread about.

I know this doesn't give you any insight into the raw diet, but i thought i would share with you. Good luck!!