View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Hi there,

You can adapt your SLR lenses to a digital body; however, the camera is very costly. My film SLR camera gave up 2 summers ago, and I made the decision to go digital. I did a lot of research and there are good cameras out there to the cost of $300-$400 right now that supercede an SLR camera, but you cannot change the lenses. Digital cameras now come with zoom features, and digital zoom that you have one lens that does multiple fuctions. I purchased a Konica/Minolta DImage line. I am happy with it and have taken fabulous telephoto pics. An SLR digital will run in the $1500 range for a good one. Mine does everything and more than an SLR, but I cannot change the lens. I don't miss it either. Of note, you can purchase adapters for these lenses to add filters, etc.

Unfortunately Konica/Minolta is getting out of cameras. They are striclty focusing on medical equipemnt right now. During my research, I found Fuji has a great camera out there.

It also depends on what level of photography that you want to achieve. I could see the professionals wanting an SLR. Nikon puts out a 10 megapixel. Too me, that is just too much overkill, generates huge files, and handling those files would take a powerful computer. Again, it depends on what you want to do with the pics after with photo editing software. Keep in mind too that lens quality is more important that megapixels.

Digital has the potential of creating a lot of discussion and topics.

Lola