View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Get another dog?

Hi there,
I am a complete newbie to this site and am just looking for some general info and some opinions.

I have a 4 year old female german shepherd mix and I love her to bits, she is my baby. My husband and I recently moved into a house out of the city with a big back yard and so now I would like to adopt another dog. My husband seems against this idea because of additional costs and he thinks that holly wouldnt like having another dog around.

I am of the opinion that holly is lonely when we are at work and having another dog would be company for her and she would like it. But sometime she can get quite jealous if i pet other dogs and also sometimes barks and gets her hackles up if we pass other dogs in the street. My other argument is that now we have a bigger house we have the space for another dog and I desperately want to give another shelter dog a home. Until recently I volunteered in an animal shelter and and it breaks my heart seeing them there.

There would be added costs, especially since my husband and I are english and so go back to england and have to pay for holly to go to a doggy hotel....so the costs would double....

What are your thoughts on having 2 dogs and does anyone have any good arguments for me to use against my husband