View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:04 AM
cassintheuk

First heat, very grumpy

My dog Lily just went through her first heat. Vet recommended she go through one before being spayed. She bled, went through the second phase where she would present and all that and now nothing. She won't let our other female dog hump her anymore so I figure she's over the second phase. But now her vulva is still swollen like she is in heat, her teats are still swollen and she's so moody and possessive over things, and well, is just plain bitchy towards the other dog and sometimes towards us. Not aggressive but will "complain" more I guess? When we give her commands now, that's what it sounds like she is doing, she groans and grumbles while doing it. The second phase ended over a week ago.

Let me stress, there is no possible way that she is pregnant. Not at all. She is never out of our sight and we live in England with a tiny yard and 6 foot tall fence surrounding our tiny yard. She goes outside to potty and comes straight back in. She is, and will always remain a virgin.

So what could cause this change? It's very frustrating for all of us wondering if she's going to attack our other dog, she's come very close. And having to take away any little thing she feels is hers and will lunge at our other dog for. She even felt that a tiny piece of clothing was hers and she was protecting it!