View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:56 PM

Unhappy My pup is having a sleep-over at the vet's :(

We came home from work on tuesday to find our 5 months old doberman dehydrated from vomiting while we were gone. We assumed it was because of the terrible heat we had that day, and after a bowl of water and a good nap, he was feeling a bit better.

we held off on dinner, which was just fine with him...he had no interest in his kibble anyways.

yesterday morning he was back to normal (or so we thought), we fed him like normal, went to work, and came home to a happy puppy (in a clean cage).

this morning her ate, and seemed a little weird to me, but nothing i could put my finger on. it was bothering me all morning, so i called my sister to come over and check on him. he was sick in his cage again, but was in pretty good spirits, and ran aound the yard with my niece.

BUT, when we got home after work, he was completely drained and dehydrated. i gave him some more water and her threw it back up too so i took him to the vet.

he's staying over night on i.v. and the vet is afraid he might have parvo he is going to call me in the morning to let me know what is going on, and then we will take it from there.

anyone have this type of scare with a pup this young?

i would really appreciate if everyone could send some good vibes his way...

thank you